There are many reasons why it makes sense for a business to hire a current student or recent college graduate for everything from an entry-level position to more experienced roles. No matter what your needs may be, offering a student an internship or full-time employment could prove to be a beneficial long-term decision for your business.
Debating a more experienced hire versus someone fresh out of school? Here’s why the pros of student hiring and campus recruiting outweigh the cons:
- They’re ambitious and ready to make a difference at your organization with a proven history of bringing high levels of performance productivity.
- They’re in tune with the latest trends and best practices and can bring fresh ideas to the workplace.
- They’re tech-savvy with more technical skillsets and comfortable utilizing software, new apps and social media.
- They’re shapeable and ready to be molded to fit your company’s culture.
- They’re easier to manage because they spend most of their day on their workload rather than getting caught up in office politics. Initially, recent grads may require more training and managerial attention, but as time goes on, they actually require less direction from a manager.
- They’re able to work longer, uninterrupted hours. Employees who have already established themselves often have personal life influences like a family. Depending on the job requirements, a students’ ability to work longer hours may prove to be an extremely efficient resource.
- They’re highly adaptable with the ability to absorb, understand and execute new instructions and training. New grads are quick learners with the ability to multitask.
- They’re risk-takers, with less prior experience and likely no mortgage or children to take care of, they may not have much to lose.
- They’re good listeners. They’ll do whatever it takes to gain industry experience and often haven’t yet developed the ability to question authority.
- They’re less expensive hires, saving your company money on sourcing, recruiting and payroll.
With over 750,000 job-seeking students looking for internships or employment upon graduation, GradLeaders can help you make your next quality hire. Search vetted job-seeker profiles from schools around the globe today!
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.