One of the main avenues for engaging the next generation of students is through social media. Jump-start your strategy for the career center with these 5 best practices.
- Repurpose content for multiple channels - The next generation of students are always on-the-go so you can’t reach them with email alone. Use all mediums including social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and even a career center blog if you have one.
- Use gamification - The next generation enjoys competitions and likes being rewarded for achievements. Keep your students motivated by matching up goals and success steps with a small reward. Promote competitions on social media and even encourage students to share their accomplishments with their network to increase awareness of your new LAUNCH Program.
- Ask for feedback - Monitor the success of your LAUNCH Program by creating a survey link and posting it to all social media outlets. By offering students a reward for completion, you can garner increased survey responses.
- Be consistent with your brand and audience - Your students recognize your school/career center’s brand. Be sure to stay consistent with the logos, terminology and messaging across all platforms. Simpler is always better – and social media forces you to keep it simple. Consistency also involves posting on a regular cadence, whether that means daily or weekly.
- Have Fun! Social media can be more playful in tone. The options below are simply a starting point with the key reminders that need to be communicated to students. You can use this as a foundation and incorporate your own creativity into the messaging!
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.