The GradLeaders team is pleased to introduce our keynote speaker for Connections 2019: Debra Jasper, Ph.D., founder and CEO of Mindset Digital. Her keynote presentation “You Have 8 Seconds – GO!” will kick-off the event Tuesday, May 14th at 9:00am ET following a brief welcome address from our new CEO and COO/President.
Debra and her firm have provided training for more than 150,000 professionals in Fortune 100 firms around the world—illustrating how to break through the noise and capture attention in a digital age.
“Mobile, custom, fast and easy. That's what it takes to meet the demands of today's digital user,” says Debra. “That's why I’m passionate about helping leaders compete in a world of AI, charming chatbots, emotion analytics and more.”
An international speaker, Debra has given keynotes in more than a dozen countries, from the Global Internet Conference in Australia to Sweden’s Schibsted Academy and the Ukrainian Council of Ministers. Today, thousands of professionals are enrolled in her firm’s highly engaging programs that drive new habits—and measurable results. They include:
- The Social Selling Habit: develop more leads, close more deals, get more done
- The SOS Habit: Write for action and for mobile (using short, organized and skimmable approaches)
- The Cybersecurity Habit: learn the latest techniques for protecting against cyber attacks
Before launching her digital transformation firm, Debra:
- directed Ohio State's Kiplinger Program in the John Glenn School of Public Affairs, where she launched the first social media fellowship for journalists in the world—working with CNN, 60 Minutes, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and other top newsrooms
- spent more than a decade as an award-winning journalist, covering presidential campaigns and government—and producing in-depth, investigative projects that spurred new laws and reforms
- earned two degrees in journalism, along with a Ph.D. in Educational Policy and Leadership from Ohio State (she wrote her dissertation on the art of powerful micro-storytelling)
Join us for Connections 2019 on May 13-14 at the Hilton Columbus at Easton to hear Debra’s keynote presentation. Our 14th annual campus recruitment and career services conference also includes numerous networking opportunities, best practices sharing, technology updates, and more! Connections is an exclusive event where career development professionals and recruitment leaders meet to discuss solutions to the industry’s biggest problems.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.