The perfect time to read and improve yourself is Summer Break! By reflecting on your past year’s experiences, emotions, goals, as well as future plans, you can better prepare for a life of success. The following ten books are considered professional development and self-help books that many great leaders and successful individuals have read to transform their life. Take some time to understand your own tendencies and hear the advice of these highly successful people to learn, grow and live your best life.
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale- This book is an easy read that will teach you how believing in yourself, changing your attitude, and adopting positive thinking can change your life. This book will give you the self-confidence you didn’t know you needed.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey- By adopting the habits of the most effective and successful people, you’ll be able to manifest success in your life as well. This book focuses on the timeless principles of fairness, honesty, integrity, and dignity that lead a person to a life of achievement.
- The Power of Your Leadership by John Maxwell- This book teaches you how to surround yourself with likeminded people and lead others to succeed. You’ll quickly learn that leadership isn’t about having a position of power, but rather the amount of power you have, to make a difference in others' lives.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- This book teaches you how to be a likeable, influential person by building strong and impactful friendships. After reading this book you’ll be able to better understand the people around you and change their behavior simply by changing yours.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck- Your mind is the most powerful asset you have if you use it correctly. This book teaches you how to alter your mindset, change your beliefs, and train your thinking in order to grow and flourish in life.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill- Think and Grow Rich is another book that examines the psychological power of the mind. Many successful individuals read this book to gain monetary value and advance their career.
- 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace by Gary Chapman and Paul White- If you’re just starting off in the workplace, this is the perfect book for you. You’ll learn that people communicate within the workplace in five different ways. By understanding an individual's primary language of motivation and appreciation, you can effectively communicate with your team, manager, or client.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg- This book tells the inspiring story of how a young woman alters her habits and changes her life. It argues that the key to being successful and productive is understanding the habits of our life. We rely on habits for structure and routine but it’s important to control and alter these habits in order to positively transform every aspect of your life.
- How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton Christensen- Life is about so much more than how much money you make, and this book helps you realize that. By focusing on your relationships, family life, career, and personal well-being, you’ll learn how to live a life of fulfillment and happiness.
- How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie- Whether you feel like you’re constantly worrying and living a life of uncertainty, or if you just need a reminder of the things to be appreciative of, this is the perfect book for you. Dale Carnegie teaches you how to conquer the worries of the world and take your life back.
What other professional development books have you been reading this summer? Let us know in the comments below!
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.