School Partner Newsletter, February 2018
The team at GradLeaders thanks you for being a customer and has timely information to share about our product stabilization and innovation efforts, as well as industry news to keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest in career management.
Our team remains committed to ensuring you have the best possible experience using your current software. We’ve updated the following features and defects within the CSO System:
- New auto-approval process makes MultiPost jobs posted from our GradLeaders Recruiting corporate partners and other trusted employers who purchase job postings directly from our secure gradleaders.com web store visible on the “CSO Connect” tab in your job board
- Updated SiteMax chat to the improved LiveChat interface, enabling you to send yourself a transcript of a conversation for your records
- Various enhancements to events, fees and job screening
- Admin ability to log in to the External Event Detail page has been restored
- Admin ability to filter Co-op workflow report by "rejected" status has been restored
- Student ability to receive emails pertaining to events has been restored
We continue to offer add-ons to enhance your experience with the CSO System and make your job easier. Here are a few of the most popular and beneficial:
Check-In (Student Card Swipe)
Allow students to check in for events, career fairs, interviews and advising appointments by swiping their student ID card.
Contact Us to Learn More
Automate management of your co-op and internship program, including full timeline management, an approval process with up to 10 eSignature approval levels for learning agreements and related documents, as well as automated mid-term and final student/employer evaluations.
Contact Us to Learn More
Credit Card Processing
Provide your users with the convenience of an online payment option if you charge to post jobs and/or attend events.
Contact Us to Learn More
Allow administrators from multiple offices/colleges to share one System while providing end users (students, employers, mentors, and faculty) with an experience unique to the office/college that primarily or solely serves them.
Contact Us to Learn More
Employer Discovery Feed, powered by The Whether
This app gives your students access to a mobile-based experience similar to Facebook, with a single feed displaying employer-generated career content. Once your students opt-in, they’ll be able to check The Whether at any time to discover their personalized career path, research companies, discover careers, and stand out to employers.
Career Fair Preparation Tool, powered by The Whether
Help your students put their best foot forward and get noticed by employers even before they step foot at a career event using an innovative app that helps them research the employer brands that interest them and make casual connections.
Join the Waitlist | Learn More
We’re working hard to translate popular functionality from the CSO System to GradLeaders. Browse several product additions and enhancements over the last quarter to drive engagement, increase efficiency and boost employment outcomes:
Additional Filtering Criteria
GradLeaders Career Center admins now have access to additional filtering fields/criteria including major, last login and more for customizable reports. The following reports have been updated:
- Export Applicants – Current/Past/Matched/Selected
- Candidate Signups – Main/Candidate Signups
- Company Signups
- Advising Detail
- Candidate Signups
- Mock Detail
Career Network Registration
Give your students another way to increase visibility to employers by quickly co-registering with additional career resources right within your school’s career services portal.
Check the following new resources for more information:
As always, check out the Release Notes page for the latest and greatest updates to GradLeaders Career Center. Please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) with questions.
Our team is working hard to make the career services experience even easier with new solutions:
Employer Interface Redesign
This new user experience will give your employers access to a modern, mobile-ready interface with self-serve tools to submit OCR requests, post jobs, and search for right-fit students on their own, anytime, anywhere.
CareerTracker™ Phase 2
The release includes a Redesigned Task List for Students & Admin Task List Creation Tool so you can provide students with school-specific to-do's to help them stay on track with their career. Admins can create their own segmented to-do list templates for class years, programs, majors and more with color coded section headers and task due dates. Tasks also include clickable deep-links re-directing students to other partners of the system (i.e. job board, advising appointments, resource library) or to external links.
In an effort to continue providing career service offices with industry-leading technology and best-in-class support, we’re offering an opportunity for career centers currently using the CSO System platform to upgrade to GradLeaders Career Center for free! If you’re interested in migrating, we’ll be sure to get you on our calendar for a slotted time frame. Please note that we need to schedule your migration several months in advance.
Join the 80+ other schools who’ve already upgraded!
- Arizona Summit Law School
- Belhaven University
- Benedictine University at Lisle
- Black Hills State University
- Bridgewater State University
- Bryant University
- California State University, Fresno : California State University Fresno - Business
- California State University, Fresno : California State University Fresno Jordan College
- California State University, Fresno : California State University, Fresno - Lyles College of Engineering
- California State University, San Bernardino - College of Business & Public
- California State University, San Marcos
- Capital University
- Career Premiere Consortium
- Coe College
- College of Saint Elizabeth
- Colorado State University - Pueblo
- Columbia University : Columbia University School of Social Work
- CONNECT Southeastern MA
- Del Mar College
- Dickinson State University
- DigiPen Institute of Technology Redmond Campus
- Framingham State University
- Hollins University
- Hope International University
- Idaho State University
- Illinois College
- Jewish Family Services
- Johnson County Community College
- La Sierra University
- Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Lethbridge College
- Lipscomb University
- Mayville State University
- Metropolitan College of New York
- Metropolitan State University of Denver CS
- Minneapolis College of Art & Design
- Missouri Southern State University
- Missouri Western State University
- MIT - Global Education and Career Development
- MN State Universities Job Fair (HireMNGrads)
- Nash Community College
- National University
- North Dakota Consortium
- North Seattle College (Seattle Colleges District)
- Northeast Lakeview College
- Northern Michigan University
- Northwest Vista College
- Northwestern University - School of Communication
- Ohio Collegiate JobLine Consortium
- Ohio Dominican University
- Otterbein University
- Pennsylvania State University - School of Hospitality Management
- Pitt Community College Career Services
- Roanoke College
- Rocky Mountain Career Services Consortium
- Saint Anselm College
- Saint Joseph's College
- Salisbury University
- Snow College
- Southwest Minnesota State University
- Southwestern Community College
- St. John Fisher College
- Texas A&M University - Central Texas
- The University of Memphis Fogelman College of Business & Economics
- The University of Texas at Austin Health Science Center School of Public Health
- The University of Texas at Austin, Health Informatics & Health IT
- The University of Texas at El Paso
- The University of Texas at Tyler
- Township High School District 214
- Truman State University
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock Business
- University of Central Oklahoma
- University of Cincinnati - Lindner College of Business
- University of Jamestown
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities Carlson School of Management
- University of Missouri - St. Louis
- University of North Texas - Health Science Center
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Urbana University
- Valley City State University
- Virginia Military Institute
- Wayne State College
- Williston State College
- Winona State University
- Wittenberg University
- Worcester State University
- Yale University School of Forestry and Environment
“We decided to upgrade to GradLeaders after our students came to us requesting a more updated system for their job search. From the start of our migration, tasks were conveniently organized in a week-by-week schedule for us to follow. GradLeaders completed tasks quickly and we’ve received great customer service along the way. Students have since reported that they love the new interface and it’s easy for our career center team to use as well, so that’s a win for us. Additionally, our students can search jobs from employers they wouldn’t normally have access to, while recruiters love that they can conveniently post available jobs.”
— Jillian Anderson, Director of Career Services
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
We're excited to announce that registration for our annual Gradleaders Conference is now open! Join us and other CSO System users in Columbus, Ohio this May!
This is the new name for same old CSO System Training and Networking Conference you known for years! This year's event will span across three event-packed days where you’ll have the opportunity to dive deeper into the CSO System platform with special tracks for every user--from career service directors, advisors and employer relations teams to campus recruiters, MBA recruiters, VPs of talent acquisition, HRIS analysts and beyond.
Have a Particular Topic You’d Like to Cover?
Fill out this survey and we'll tailor the agenda to meet your needs.
Interested in Receiving a FREE Registration?
Submit a proposal to lead your own session and if approved, we'll refund your registration fee. All submissions are due by March 1, 2018.
Contact your Customer Success Manager, email us at email@example.com, or visit gradleaders.com/conference with questions or for more information.
We’re excited to bring you a series of helpful webinars, designed so you can optimize use of our software and connect your students to their dream jobs. We’ve included a few of our upcoming and recently released sessions to serve as another resource.
New Employer Discovery Feed & College Career Fair Preparation Tools to Better Connect Students with Dream Jobs
WHEN: Occurred February 8, 2018 12:00 pm, EST
Together, through our exclusive new partnership with The Whether, we’ll connect your students’ strengths and values to right-fit companies through employer-generated career content. This new module requires minimal effort on your part and presents students with a social media-like employer discovery feed. After claiming their profile on The Whether and engaging with career content (i.e. day-in-the-life stories, career opportunities, company culture descriptions, etc.), the app adapts in real-time to deliver a personalized career discovery experience tailored to each students’ dream job, values, and competencies.
Join us to learn more about this secondary career discovery resource for your students, get to know The Whether team and learn how you can personalize each and every student’s career path journey through an automated process.
Simple New Tips & Tricks to Customize GradLeaders Career Center Yourself
WHEN: Occurred December 14, 2017 11:00 am, EST
With over 300 distinct screens, GradLeaders Career Center is the most robust, comprehensive career management platform in the industry today – but it’s also the most configurable and customizable! Each GradLeaders Career Center platform is unique to each career service office, not only with school-specific branding, logos and colors, but each system includes separate, secure databases for your own student and employer data. GradLeaders Career Center is also packed with simple do-it-yourself tools to customize and configure settings on your own – without the help of our knowledgeable and experienced team. Join us to learn more about these “super admin” tips and tricks to take control of YOUR GradLeaders Career Center platform.
You can access additional webinar information and previous recordings at any time here
"Diversify your skillset – common advice given to students these days. But if cross functional learning & development is a no brainer in the classroom, why should it end once you have your diploma? To reach your peak professional potential..."
"Applying for a job is no easy task. When candidates submit a job application, it often feels as though it has disappeared into the hiring “black box.” Not only are candidates not given any information regarding their application, but they have to..."
Infographic: Latest Outcomes Data from New Graduates Across the Country (IPEDS 2016-2017 Academic Year, 6 months Post-Graduation)
This infographic report summarizes the results of over 36,600 direct responses from graduates of the academic class of July 2016 - June 2017 who participated in The Outcomes Survey to report their post-graduation activities.
Infographic: Latest Outcomes Data from New Graduates Across the Country (Class of Spring 2017 as of 6 months Post-Graduation)
This infographic report summarizes the results of over 24,000 direct responses from graduates of the Spring class of 2017 who participated in The Outcomes Survey to report their post-graduation activities.
5 Ways to Personalize Career Development Outreach to Gen Z Students
It seems that no matter where you look, every article points to the importance of effective marketing to Gen Z, or the generation born after 1996. This unique groups demands a greater level of personalization in marketing than any other generation because they’re being raised in a time where everything has always been customized to them. Career advisors should follow suit and adjust marketing efforts to fit the needs and interests of the next generation.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Seeking Internships
We’ve partnered with College Recruiter to bring you real stories of the best and worst intern candidates, gathered from insights provided by Intel and NECC. Whether you’re a student or a career advisor guiding students, familiarize yourself on these do’s and don’ts when seeking an internship.
Meet Our Growing Team
We’re pleased to continue dedicating specific resources to the maintenance and support of The CSO System as we simultaneously grow the GradLeaders team! Join us in welcoming the following new team members:
- Alex Salmon, Customer Support Associate
- Bob Wedemeyer, Customer Support Associate
- Rachael Thompson, Implementation Manager
- Jeri Seabaugh, Controller
Be sure to check out our new biographies with fun facts about everyone on our team!